Like Christmas and Thanksgiving, fall is a season that only comes around once a year. The season isn't a national holiday, although it totally should be because it's arguably every girl's favorite season. With fall comes the changing leaves, cute fashion and the spookiest day of the year. This is the time when basic girls emerge from their hibernation. We know how to kick off fall the right way. Beware of the pumpin-spice haters (they're everywhere).
1. Your multiple pairs of boots come out of hiding
All hail the power of effortlessly-chic riding boots.
2. You get pumpkin spice lattes
This is so obvious it hurts. It's impossible to start off fall right without this.
3. You immediately head to Trader Joe's and purchase anything with a pumpkin spice label on it
Literally, anything. Pumpkin spice cereal? Tortilla chips? Check and check.
4. You flood your Instagram with filtered images of the changing leaves
Better yet, a picture of you jumping into a pile of leaves. If I didn't instagram it, did it really happen?
5. Your Facebook profile pic includes you standing next to a giant pumpkin
It has to be shared with my entire friend list so that everyone knows I spent all day searching for the perfect pumpkin. Which, let's be real, totally isn't the case.
6. You hop on that Halloween costume grind
Coordinating group outfits with your other, equally-basic friends is your specialty.
7. You start wearing flannels all day, every day
The weather outside doesn't matter. Even on those odd warm days, I'll sweat through my flannel with pride.
8. You buy every fall-themed body lotion, wash and hand soap available at Bath & Body Works
Cinnamon bun-scented hand soap? Yes, please.
9. You go apple picking in an orchard
Your level of basiness is off the charts.
10. Bake a pie with those apples you picked at the orchard
After you've properly alerted friends and aquaintances through your tweets, Instagram and Facebook photos that you went apple picking, of course.
11. Visit a haunted house with all your friends
You're not doing October right if this doesn't happen.
12. Anyone who says "I don't like the taste of pumpkin" is not the kind of person you associate with
They're just not trustworthy.
13. You spend way too much during holiday sales
Fall serves to fuel my shopping addiction. Honestly though, do I even need a reason to go shopping?
14. You wouldn't be caught dead without a scarf on
You wear them. Every. Single. Day. Infinity scarves, blanket scarves, the type is irrelevant. You have one to match every outfit, duh.
15. Aside from pumpkin spice, apple cider is your go-to beverage
Warm or cold, it's sweet and spiced. What more could you ask for in a fall drink?
16. You treat your annual viewing of Hocus Pocus with the same importance as you would the Super Bowl
You've seen this film too many times to count. Doesn't get any less amazing the more you watch it.
Whether you're willing to admit it or not, we all have a little bit of basic inside of us. It's an undeniable fact. Boots, pumpkin spice and everything nice. During fall, what's not to like?