The Campus 2 Career team is now hiring for our 2017 Summer and Fall Internship Programs!
Expand your universe with Universal Orlando’s Campus 2 Career Internship Program! This program can provide not only extensive learning opportunities, but real world experience as well. An Internship with Universal Orlando offers abundant networking and exposure opportunities to one of the world’s top entertainment destinations.
SUMMARY : The Animation Intern will work with the 3D Animation Creative team in producing character study and show action equipment animations for documentation and creative direction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Assist with 3D design of show sets, animated figures, ride vehicles, and other various show items.
- 3D model and rig characters and objects proportionally accurate based off of video and still image references.
- Model and rig conceptual mechanical systems for moving objects.
- Animate characters and objects within creative and technical performance specifications as provided.
- Produce turntable and character study animations.
- Produce character/object scale studies.
- Output animation data to Microsoft Excel for documentation.
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established Universal Orlando policy, procedures, training and Team Member involvement activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution
- Current class standing of Sophomore or above
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above (official transcripts available upon request)
- Consistent attendance is a job requirement
- Approximate dates of this internship are from May 2017 - August 2017
- Availability requirement typically includes 24-40 hours per week; Monday through Friday (may include weekends)
- Preferred majors include: Computer Animation, Computer Graphics, Art, Drawing, 3D Animation or 3D Design
- Required coursework completed: Character Animation
- Preferred coursework completed: Computer Programming
- Must be proficient in 3D Studio Max
- Must have experience with other design tools, such as Maya or Auto CAD preferred
- Must display a general understanding of real-world motion and scale
- Must have basic understanding of scripting and data output from 3D software to Microsoft Excel preferred but not required
- Must be efficient in Microsoft Office Programs including, but not limited to: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem-solving abilities and organization
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Superior written & verbal communication skills
- Work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously and/or in teams
- Prior internship experience is preferred
ADDITIONAL INTERNSHIP INFORMATION:
In order to be considered, a resume is required with your application and must include major, anticipated gradation date and cumulative GPA.
Recent graduates will not be eligible for this program.
Universal Orlando does not provide housing. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Due to the volume of responses, only applicants of interest will be contacted.