2017 SUMMER INTERN – PRODUCT DESIGN
Location:United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village
Area of Interest:Product Design, UX/UI
Position Type:PAID Internship
Length of Internship:May 30th - August 4th
The 2017 Summer Internship Program is looking for design-focused, curious, dedicated, and enthusiastic students seeking real-world experience.The goal is to give students an opportunity to act as a contributing member of a product design team dedicated to spearheading innovation and intuitive design within the cable industry.
As a business of design intern, the student will help bridge the gap between the creative process and the business development for new and existing clients. The student will learn how to run multiple processes simultaneously alongside the creative team, running reports, research, and creating design decks for new or existing projects. The student will also have the opportunity to help design innovative solutions by collaborating with all involved teams and support new and existing features in the “Beat the Best” end-of-summer project.
The Summer Intern Program is 10 weeks here at Charter’s Denver Tech Center office in Englewood, CO. It will run from May 30, 2017 to August 4, 2017.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- “Beat the Best” Project: Redesign a current feature of our product base to present to the team at the end of the semester
- Support business development in every step of the project
- Work closely with the greater design team to create decks to support project requirements
- Assist in the delivery of UX and UI assets
- Perform research where necessary
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- A keen eye for detail
- Basic public speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to commit to the length of the program
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and help with anything we throw your way
- Positive attitude and a natural ability to work in a collaborative, team environment
- People person
- Ability to think strategically
- Interest in art, technology, and design
- Familiarity with Keynote, Powerpoint, and Excel
Likely Areas of Study
- Design / Art / Media / Related Field
More on Spectrum: Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status.
Spectrum is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status.