A three-billion-dollar global leader in the high performance and lifestyle footwear industry, Skechers USA, Inc. designs, develops and markets more than 3,000 styles for men, women and children. Skechers' success stems from its employees, high-quality, varied product offering, diversified domestic and international distribution channels, and targeted multi-channel marketing.
The company offers two distinct footwear categories: a lifestyle division and performance footwear. Through licensing agreements, the company also offers branded apparel, bags, eyewear, toys, and more.
Celebrity product endorsees for Skechers' collections include multi-platinum recording artists Demi Lovato and Meghan Trainor, model and actress Kelly Brook, TV personality Brooke Burke-Charvet, and boxing great Sugar Ray Leonard. In addition, elite marathon champion and Boston Marathon winner Meb Keflezighi, elite runner Kara Goucher, and pro golfers Matt Kuchar, Belén Mozo and Colin Montgomerie represent the Skechers Performance Division.
The Company sells its footwear in department, specialty and independent stores, as well as through more than 1340 Company-owned Skechers retail stores and online at skechers.com. Beyond the United States, Skechers product is available in more than 160 countries and territories through an international network of subsidiaries in Canada, Brazil, Chile, Japan, and 27 countries in Western and Central Eastern Europe, as well as through joint ventures in Asia and distributors around the world.
Headquartered in Manhattan Beach, California, Skechers is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol SKX.
The Retail Merchandise Planner drives sales plan through a consistent focus on studying the business, monitoring inventory and sales performance, and providing analysis necessary to bring in new products to fit the needs of the customer. Track sales performance of existing products and assist in the determination of next steps; this includes developing in-season forecasts and future merchandise plans for a given gender / class. Work closely with Merchandising and Allocations, to optimize store assortments. Ensure that the merchandise financial targets are met including tracking and managing the open-to-buy sales and inventory.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS
- Manage the OTB sales and inventory at gender/brand level and ensure that the merchandise targets will be met on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Participate in weekly / monthly in-season forecast and OTB meetings
- Analyze historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities; compare sales data of the planned gender / category to company sales and provide action plans to reconcile deviations
- Partner with the Merchants to actively manage inventory levels by increasing and decreasing inventory, and/or cancelling orders
- On a monthly and quarterly basis, recap and report back on the sales and inventory results to plan, and LY, and forecast in-season sales and inventory
- Partner with DMM to maintain store clusters using velocity, capacity, geography by gender / category
- Review orders with in-store date 30 days out to identify any changes required. Prioritize key styles/categories for delivery. Ensure pre-allocations meet store/cluster targets
- Strong aptitude with numbers and clear understanding of retail math
- Strong organizational skills - ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate persuasively, influentially, and responsibly across a cross-functional team
- Excels in team environments and in building / developing strong interpersonal relationships, while maintaining an individual determination to accomplish goals
- Ability to travel 0-10% of time
- Passionate about customer service (internal)
- Driven to excel and succeed, taking full ownership of his or her success
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
- Strong interpersonal skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 3 years Merchandise Planning experience in retail - preferably within Footwear
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Advanced computer skills (Excel - pivot tables/v-lookups/etc., Word, Internet)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.