This role is within P&G’s NA Media central team, who is responsible for leading P&G’s NA Media Operations including NA media planning and buying strategies, implementation and delivery, media data, and analytics and media best practices development in service of P&G’s NA brands.
The Social & eCommerce Assistant Manager will be responsible for leading the development, implementation and delivery of winning social and ecommerce approaches and best practices that meet brands’ needs. This role will work closely with Brands to understand their social and ecommerce strategies, partner with key suppliers in the marketplace (Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Amazon, Walmart, etc) to develop new capabilities; bring to life brand strategies with media plans that deliver brand goals; leverage data and advanced analytics to enable best-in-class media plans, learning and optimization; innovate and test new approaches and tactics; and lead rapid reapplication of what works across brands and categories as meets their business and media needs. They will be responsible for continually driving innovation, learning and ensuring P&G NA’s social and ecommerce media approach is leading edge.
To deliver these responsibilities, the Assistant Manager will lead teams and partner closely across media agencies, media suppliers and P&G colleagues in Brand, Media, Research, Finance and Media Purchasing. Successful candidates will be able to leverage data, analytics, media, marketplace and consumer understanding to develop solutions and continually test, learn and innovate to deliver best in class performance. These individuals will have the opportunity to be part of an innovative, fast moving team, focused on continually transforming and revolutionizing P&G’s media planning, buying and operations to deliver competitive advantage.
The Role will require the individual to:
• Apply critical thinking, strong problem-solving and media expertise to develop innovative, winning media planning and operations approaches to meet P&G brand media objectives.
• Create and drive a strong innovation plan that identifies key brand needs and links them to or creates innovation in the social and ecommerce space that drives brand equity and sales
• Partner with brand and central research teams, media agencies and media suppliers to apply data and advanced analytics to media plans and strategies at a brand and corporate level to enable P&G brands to meet their business and media objectives
• Navigate effectively through complex issues, leveraging expertise, industry knowledge and brand business understanding to recommend solutions. Gain alignment to recommendations and oversee execution.
• Successfully partner with and manage multiple stakeholders and multiple priorities, balancing short and long term needs and implications, creating a strong team partnership
• Build brand capability and winning brand plans by serving as subject matter expert for brand consultation and education
• Continuously learn and build media expertise while becoming fluent in “P&G”
Ideal Career Background:
· Bachelor’s or MBA
· 3-5+ Years Media Agency, Media Supplier or Media Operations Experience working with a range of clients/brands/businesses
· Experience in Consumer Packaged Goods or other fast-moving, consumer facing spaces are preferred.
Business/Personal Skills Required:
• Results driven: Bias for action
• Strong communication skills: Able to listen to understand, influence and educate through clear, concise communication. Can understand and reflect multiple viewpoints.
• Team orientation: Can successfully work in teams to achieve breakthrough; motivated by team result. Skilled at bringing groups together for a common goal
• Flexible and adaptable: Comfortable with change and a rapidly evolving landscape; can successfully identify need to change and lead to meet business needs
• Intellectually curious: Thirst for learning, innovation and continual improvement
• Strong analytics background: Able to triangulate between internal and externally sourced data, brand/business goals and opportunities. Comfortable with pulling data and building a story
• Operates with Discipline: Relentless attention to Detail and Strong Project Management Skills
• Willingness to travel up to 20% of time
Marketing/Media Skills Needed:
· Solid understanding of both organic and paid social media strategies and tactics across key suppliers (Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest, etc.) including working knowledge of API/RTB buying process, social media targeting and creative practices.
· Solid understanding of eCommerce platforms (Amazon, Walmart, Target, etc.), organic and paid media strategies on the platforms, relationship of brand content, media targeting, ratings and reviews and retailer relationships.
· Expertise in understanding multiple brands’ strategies and objectives and delivering against these via creation and implementation of media strategies and plans and use of data, analytics, utilities. Learn and optimize based upon in market results.
No immigration sponsorship is available for this position. Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for permanent residency except in some areas that in Procter & Gamble's sole discretion require highly specialized backgrounds.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Job: Marketing/Brand Management
Primary Location: Ohio-Cincinnati