JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest apparel and home furnishing retailers, and we're dedicated to fitting the diversity of America with unparalleled style and value. Working at JCPenney gives you the opportunity to help create meaningful experiences for the millions who shop at approximately 1,100 stores and jcpenney.com. We believe in quality that can be felt, fabrics that your skin loves, colors that go with you, and sizes and prices that fit the entire family. We're looking for motivated, talented individuals who can emerge as Warriors in our organization.
The JCPenney Social Media Team is looking for a Manager to lead and direct the company’s social media content mix, messaging strategy and engagement plans. Qualified candidates will have experience developing and executing a unique POV via the social lens that emotionally connects to our customer while optimizing the core KPIs to drive desired results.
· Develop and execute social content strategies in support of year-long strategy, seasonal initiatives and strategic Integrated Marketing Communication priorities.
· Lead social engagement team and strategic direction of content distribution across social channels
· Work closely with internal and external creative teams to bring the social plan to life across all channels
· Partner with corporate communications, PR, customer care and other stakeholders and offers strategic approach to social cannels.
· Implements strategy and ensures proper execution of paid social across platforms with media agency.
· Works with Analytics teams to monitor and assess performance of social content against defined goals/KPIs, reporting results and recommending actions to key stakeholders.
· Develops a test and learn strategy to optimize initiatives in real time.
· Responsible for monitoring social conversation, through both the engagement team and partners, and acting on pertinent posts.
· Coordinates paid media distribution with Digital Marketing colleagues and media agency to ensure 360-execution of social campaigns.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field
· 5-7 years of social media marketing, content management and planning
· Proficient in Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube and other platform insights
· In the know about emerging platforms, technology and retail advancements
· Experience working with web analytics tools (Coremetrics or Google Analytics a plus)
· Ability to present to executive-level leadership
· Self-starter, with ability to navigate ambiguous data and requests
· Keen understanding of branding and voice via social
· Strong multi-task capabilities, and ability to juggle multiple projects
· Good team player and highly collaborative
· Customer-centric mentality
· Always curious and looking for ways to leapfrog and innovate
Our corporate office supports the JCPenney stores nationwide and offers a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401 (k) Savings Plan with company match, and a merchandise discount plan to JCPenney. Amenities include free covered parking, full cafeteria services, fitness center, and on-site childcare.