HarperCollins is currently seeking a summer intern to assist a group of editors in the Harper imprint. This intern will work on titles by the very best writers, doctors, scientists, journalists, and innovators in their fields. The titles span a variety of disciplines and genres including: general health and fitness, science, medicine, food and lifestyle, relationships and inspiration, memoir, business, economics, and career development; books for those seeking to gain an understanding of how we can live our lives better.
This summer internship is a paid opportunity (28 hours per week), and it will run from June 5 through August 10 for a total of 10 weeks.
- Complete reader's reports on select manuscript submissions.
- Draft descriptive and jacket copy, along with relevant metadata key terms.
- Assist in all aspects of manuscript transmittal, including art logs, CIP data application, and paperback reprints.
- Manage book shipments to authors and agents.
- Attend various team and department meetings.
- Review platforms of successful authors.
- Routine filing, mailings, and other administrative tasks.
- Applicants must be entering their junior or senior year of college, a grad student, or a college graduate.
- Prior office experience preferred.
- Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong analytical reading and writing skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Is detail-oriented and organized.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects.
- Interest in working on a primarily nonfiction list.
- Applications MUST have a cover letter.
HarperCollins Publishers is an equal opportunity employer.