BuzzFeed Motion Pictures is searching for an exceptional Media Intern to bring structure and organizational skills to our Editorial Post Production team. We run our own internal studio where we write, direct, and produce branded Buzzfeed content. We are looking for smart, skilled, passionate self-starters to join our growing team.
The position is based in our LA office, and we offer a super collaborative work environment overflowing with perks ranging from snacks and drinks to no work on your birthday!
- Assist the Media Management team with ongoing daily management of video projects, digital media, hard drives and shared storage
- Daily project archiving including file transfers, renaming assets and reconnecting, labeling, adjusting, creating redundant backups and uploading final projects/assets
- Assist with finding, downloading, formatting and distributing clips and video footage
- Maintain accurate procedures and records for the system, house assets in a safe and protected manner
- Troubleshoot problems reported by users regarding applications and video-related technology
- Bachelor’s degree in Film, Communication or related field
- Working knowledge of Post Production processes
- 2+ Years of Premiere Pro Experience (Editing, Media Management, Encoding)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office or Google Apps
- Knowledge of digital media including codecs, image types, resolutions, frame rates
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder and After Effects
- Must have great communication skills and be able to give and receive critical feedback in a small team environment
- Must be meticulous, technical, organized, and focused at the same time
- Able to multitask in a fast-paced environment with multiple moving parts
- Assistant Editor experience a plus
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 18 cities around the world and more than 1300 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We infuse hard work and fun though a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.