Corinne Olympios Speaks Out About 'Bachelor in Paradise' Scandal, Says She's a 'Victim'

Last week, Warner Bros. shut down production of Bachelor in Paradise following allegations of “misconduct” on setThe scandal arose after producers allegedly filmed a sexual encounter between Corinne Olympios and former Bachelorette contestant DeMario Jackson, reportedly after a day of heavy drinking. But details of the misconduct that caused the show to cease production are still unclear. 

On Wednesday, Corinne released her first official statement to TMZ.

"I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened on June 4," Corinne told TMZ. "Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production."

She continued, "As a woman, this is my worst nightmare and it has now become my reality. As I pursue the details and facts surrounding that night and the immediate days after, I have retained a group of professionals to ensure that what happened on June 4 comes to light and I can continue my life, including hiring an attorney to obtain justice and seeking therapy to begin dealing with the physical and emotional trauma stemming from that evening."

Comments

About The Author

Darcy Schild is a University of Florida junior majoring in journalism. As an editorial intern at HC headquarters in Boston, she oversees the "How She Got There" section and writes and edits feature articles and viral/news blogs. Darcy is also the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus UFL. Follow more of her adventures on her blog, The Darcy Diaries (https://thedarcydiaries.com).