As we continue to reflect on years past in the new era of 2017, we often think of one of the greatest franchises known to man, woman and Muggle: the Harry Potter series. We loved the books, the movies and everything before, in between and especially after, so with the casting of a black Hermione in the new play “Harry Potter and the Cursed Child” and the recent arrival of the HP spinoff, “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them," the excitement and obsession keeps rebuilding after we thought we had to bury it in 2011 when Deathly Hallows Part 2 was released. Well, even though we have reason to always harbor an HP obsession, looking back on the era of the last films, here are the signs we needed to know that our over-the-border obsessions with HP reached gold status.
1. Watching at least one movie from the series each night was a ritual
2. Not dressing up for Halloween was not an option
3. You could give Hermione a run for her money in spell knowledge
4. The books served as your comedy, romance, mystery and drama novels all in one
5. Every one of your creative projects in school was HP related
6. You knew which scenes in the book didn’t make it into the film
7. A paper on the allegories of the HP world to the real world was easier than any one for school
8. You have been to Universal Studios in Florida to visit Diagon Alley at least 5 times
9. You instinctively know when a HP marathon is premiering on Freeform (R.I.P ABC Family)
10. Your YouTube History is filled with clips from “Harry Potter Puppet Pals”
11. Your family and friends expect you to make at least one HP reference a day
12. You have watched every HP cast interview online
13. And you know most of the answers
14. You have gotten in vigorous arguments with people over whether Hermione belonged with Harry or Ron
15. You are an expert at playing Quidditch—the Muggle Version
16. Your room was decorated like a room inside the Weasleys' Burrow
17. You desperately tried to find the recipe of a butterbeer
18. Your ringtone is Hedwig’s Theme
19. Twilight is to you what Voldemort is to Harry
20. You know the name of every British person that has ever been a part of the HP cast
21. July 31st is obviously one of your favorite days!
Which sign applies to you? Tell us in the comments!