Hear me out. So Gossip Girl is known as a show about rich Upper East Side teenagers who skate through life attending preppy schools, engaging in underage drinking and hooking up with each others' exes. It may not seem that progressive, but in their classy society, the women stick up for themselves and their futures. The girls of GG are more than just gossipy fashionistas. They're actually badass and powerful AF, and here's why.
1. They have high expectations for their girlfriends
2. The women stick up for one another
3. At its core, the show is really all about female friendship
Serena and Blair forever.
4. The women command respect
5. While the men barely play the game
6. They celebrate "me time" all the time
Spontaneous trip to Paris, anyone?
7. These are the most independent 18-year-olds you'll ever meet
Even though they're still obsessed with finding a man.
8. The women can hold their own against everyone
9. Nobody can force Lily to do anything
10. They straight-up hold all the cards
Revenge and plots galore.
11. Let's face it, we care more about Blair and Serena than any of the guys
12. Blair holds Chuck together
Honestly, he'd be a mess without her.
13. They aspire to attend Ivy League schools
Oh, and they actually get in.
14. They are not passive
They make things happen for themselves.
15. The show depicts women in business
16. Dan had to pretend to be a woman to move up in society