Manager of Client Services - Boston, MA
Exciting opportunity at a fast-growing, award-winning digital media start-up out of Harvard, profitable since its launch and named to BusinessWeek’s 25 Under 25 Best Young Entrepreneurs and Inc. magazine’s 30 Under 30 Coolest Young Entrepreneurs lists, and named Top Small Business of the Year for 2013 by the Boston Chamber of Commerce.
Her Campus Media (HerCampus.com), the #1 online community for college women & college marketing firm with over 3.5 million monthly users, is seeking a Manager of Client Services to build business by managing Her Campus's college marketing programs for leading brands such as Victoria's Secret, Microsoft, LUNA, Merck, UGG, Chipotle, and more. Brand name clients, a creative and nimble start-up culture, and sky's-the-limit opportunities for growth make this an ideal opportunity for a talented and capable self-starter interested in joining a fast-growing and profitable start-up at the ground level.
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Execute and manage digital, on-campus, and event-based marketing programs across Her Campus's platforms for clients in the female college space
- Work with clients to understand their campaign objectives and ensure those objectives are fulfilled
- Liaise with sales, web, editorial, design, and campus development teams to organize campaigns from timeline creation, through fulfillment of all deliverables, through recap submission
- Develop and nurture relationships with marketing agencies and existing clients to generate returning business
This position includes a base salary plus opportunities for performance bonuses, with benefits including top of the line Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, dental and vision insurance, 401k plan with company matching, flexible sick leave, vacation and personal day policy, generous company holiday policy, and fun yet focused office environment. The Manager of Client Services will work directly with the founders in our Boston office. This is an opportunity to work with a team of talented, ambitious entrepreneurs who have already enjoyed runaway success in the first three years.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2-5+ years account management experience
- Experience in the media, B2B, female and/or college space, with established relationships
- Proven track record of successfully managing campaigns with large companies/brands
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Self-starter with go-getter attitude, positive and upbeat nature, and excellent work ethic who doesn’t mind getting his/her hands dirty and is excited about working in a start-up environment
- Strategic thinker with the ability to make decisions and manage relationships
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and salary history to ClientServices2014@
About Her Campus Media:
Her Campus Media (HerCampus.com) is the #1 online community for college women. Written entirely by the world's top college journalists – with 4,000+ contributors and counting – HerCampus.com features national content on Style, Beauty, Health, Love, Life, Career, and High School, supplemented by local content from 230+ campus chapters nationwide and in six countries. In addition, Her Campus offers a daily email newsletter, social media communities, conferences and events, job listings, e-commerce, surveys, giveaways, and scholarships, filling a critical hole in the media marketplace and creating a robust interactive experience for its audience of over 3.5 million “collegiettes™”. Her Campus also serves as a marketing platform connecting companies with college students across the country in creative ways, through innovative sponsored content programs, site takeovers, on-campus activations, brand ambassador programs, event sponsorships, and more.
Founded by three Harvard students - Stephanie Kaplan '10, Windsor Hanger '10, and Annie Wang '11 - Her Campus launched in September 2009 after winning Harvard's business plan competition, and has since grown to over 3.5 million monthly readers with chapters at 230+ colleges, formed content partnerships with Seventeen magazine, SELF magazine and The Huffington Post, worked with clients including Victoria's Secret PINK, Target, Microsoft, U by Kotex, Pinkberry, Intel and Merck, and been featured in The New York Times, Mashable, Forbes, The Wall Street Journal, PRWeek, Yahoo Finance, The Economist, CNN Money, Fast Company, Business Insider, U.S. News & World Report, and on ABC News Now, among others.
The Her Campus co-founders have been named to BusinessWeek’s 25 Under 25 Best Young Entrepreneurs, Inc. magazine's 30 Under 30 Coolest Young Entrepreneurs, Forbes's All-Star Student Entrepreneurs, The Boston Globe's 25 Under 25, Glamour magazine's 20 Amazing Young Women, The Boston Globe's 25 Most Stylish Bostonians, and Boston Business Journal & Mass High Tech’s Innovation All-Stars, and Her Campus was named a 50K Gold Winner and "Best All-Around Team" in MassChallenge, the world's largest startup competition. In 2013, Her Campus was named a Top Small Business of the Year by the Boston Chamber of Commerce. The company has been completely bootstrapped and profitable since its launch.