The Careerette Pages: Job & Internship Listings
Her Campus Media (HerCampus.com), the #1 online community for college women & college marketing firm with over 3.5 million monthly users, is seeking a Sales Assistant to support the sales & business Development team in driving revenues by selling its college marketing services to leading national brands, retailers, and media companies. Brand name clients, a creative and nimble start-up culture, and sky's-the-limit opportunities for growth make this an ideal opportunity for a talented and capable self-starter interested in joining a fast-growing and profitable start-up at the ground level.
Responsibilities are as follows:
We're looking for social media mavens, who have visionary ideas for launching our Twitter movement #SoSheDid. We have influencers, PR, and celebs helping, so we will be amplifying our social media efforts. We would love to have editorial/journalism help and ilustrators/photographers who want to create art/photos for our 30 articles ready for launch.
We are looking for interns to start immediately. They will help us ramp up for launch in May and be involved in continuous management of Twitter movement throughout the summer. There is the opportunity to continue full-time post summer.
- International Operations Intern: Our ideal International Operations intern will have extensive research skills, top-notch writing abilities, and a strong knowledge and interest in international news and development. This person will be responsible for updating the website (WordPress-based), researching various development-related topics, and assisting with the pen-pal program.
- Design/Creative Intern: During the spring semester, she/he’s creating graphics, flyers, and all sorts of marketing materials that strengthen our brand in the world and make our impact on girls’ lives visual.
- Marketing Intern: You will assist the President with presentations and outreach to corporate partners, maintaining a database of grants and assisting with applications, and helping her to manage donor relations by issuing tax receipts, thank you notes, etc. The ideal candidate will major in finance, business development, or marketing background and have prior experience working or volunteering at a non-profit organization.
- Do-It-All Intern: Your special focus will be on projects and campaigns related to the She’s the First campus chapters & the high school outreach programs of She’s the First. The biggest project this Spring is the 2nd Annual Run the World Campaign.
- Daily press pitching
- Account Management
- Client Relations
- Securing press placements
- Press Clippings
- Social Media Management
- Media Relations
- Must have a proven track record of securing national and local placements
- Must have previous media relations experience and be able to secure a minimum of 1 press placement per week per client
- Must have SOLID media relationships
- Must be highly organized and have strong ability to multi-task
Yext seeks a Sales Associate to join its team. In this role, you'll interact with business owners in explaining the PowerListings product, develop potential clients to meet sales goals and provide marketing feedback.
- Interact with business owners across the US in explaining the PowerListings product
- Prospect, develop and close potential clients to meet monthly sales goals
- Maintain customer satisfaction through strong account management and implementation skills
- Provide marketing feedback to assist executives in company growth
- Recognize and execute up-sell opportunities
We are actively searching for our next Operations Associate to work with our existing Logistics/Shipping, Customer Experience and iTech Management Teams and our amazing customers and iTechs in shaping how we deliver our products every day. You will be working as an all-around logistics mastermind to deliver happiness daily in order to bring together the ultimate on-demand online/offline experience for hundreds of millions of our future customers. Do you think you have what it takes?
You will be working as an all-around logistics mastermind to deliver happiness daily in order to bring together the ultimate on-demand online/offline experience for hundreds of millions of our future customers.
Want to launch your career at a very cool company? Start on the front lines, acting as the voice of Warby Parker and providing “knock-your-socks-off” customer service, answering customer calls and emails and helping to solve customer problems.
- Deliver above-and-beyond customer service through phone, email, live chat and social media as well as in person
- Strategize ways to improve our service, streamline our processes and better serve our customers
- Think creatively about ways in which we can optimize each customer’s experience
- Master our internal management system in order to efficiently and effectively process sales orders and manage customer relationships.
- Channel customer insights to all areas of the business, such as technology, marketing, design and product teams
Days & Hours:
- Mon-Fri 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Mon-Fri 12 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Sun 11 a.m. - 5 p.m., Mon-Thurs 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Shifts will be assigned based upon your preference and company needs and are rotated on a quarterly basis.
Xero is looking to add a Partner Enablement Specialist to the team. You'll be responsible for helping accountants and bookkeepers implement Xero throughout their practice for their clients. The role includes project management, product assistance, implementation and administration.
As part of the Enablement team, you'll be responsible for helping accountants and bookkeepers implement Xero throughout their practice for their clients. The role is varied and includes project management, product assistance, implementation and administration.
Please note there may be some travel involved in this role.
We are EvntLive, Inc. and we are looking for brilliant engineers to join our team and be a part of an exciting start-up opportunity. We are developing an online music venue that will allow music lovers to experience the thrill of live as well as recorded performances and help artists reach more fans. EvntLive is an online service that will integrate a high-quality, engaging viewing experience with the best of social and discovery features that only the online world can provide.
So what does this all mean? Our engineering team has created interesting products at Palm and Barnes & Noble building the mobile API/client infrastructure that powers 10+ millions of webOS and Nook devices. This is an opportunity to get in early in an exciting new company and drive the design of the platform from soup to nuts. If the chance to radically reshape the way people will view live events and thinking outside the box to create disruptive technologies is your thing, then join us as we begin our new adventure!
SeatGeek seeks a part-time Customer Support Specialist to join its team. In this role, you'll answer customers' queries and file SeatGeek bugs that cause service issues. Must be patient and have excellent communication skills.
- Answering customer support queries thoroughly and professionally
- Filing SeatGeek bugs that are leading to customer issues
Apportable is looking for an energetic people person to engage with its users and manage consumer happiness. In this role, you'll ensure satisfaction among Apportable's gaming audience and learn the ins and outs of its product suite.
Your Role at Apportable
As a Customer Experience and Support Specialist, you will be engaging directly with end users of the award-winning games and apps brought to Android through Apportable and managing the most important aspect of our company - consumer happiness. We are a rapidly growing company and value individuals who can pitch in and refine their skills in many different areas, so prepare to wear many hats!
- Generate happiness and ensure satisfaction among our gaming audience through proactive and positive communication across a variety of communications channels.
- Learn the ins and outs of shipping mobile applications, including release management, quality assurance and the quirks of the mobile device ecosystem.
- Play and test top-ranked games and applications that have been featured by Google Play, the Amazon Appstore and Humble Indie Bundle.
- Help define your own position within a cutting-edge tech start-up with the skills you bring to the table but with room for continual professional growth.
HowAboutWe is re-launching its blog and looking for a Staff Writer to join its team. You'll create smart content that is on-brand, drives social and search traffic and supports editorial partnerships with other sites.
As our Staff Writer, you will be integral to the success of this re-launch. You'll report to our Editor-in-Chief, pitching timely stories (and receiving assignments) daily. You'll also pitch stories to/receive assignments from our features editor.
Your goal is to create smart, inspired content that supports the HowAboutWe brand while still being real. You’ll be extremely tuned in to the news cycle, and you’ll be responsible for creating content that
- positions The Date Report as a content destination
- drives social, newsletter and search traffic
- supports our editorial partnerships with sites such as The Huffington Post, Yahoo! Shine, Glamour, and The Daily Meal.
Gucci is looking for an exceptional data analyzer to create and review financial and retail models. In this position, you'll model performance data and keep the luxury brand's sales on track.
- Gather, integrate, manage and present sales data from retail clients across all categories (Men’s, Women’s and Children’s) both on a topline level as well as a by-door level, validating accuracy of data based on history, store events, delivery schedule of goods and markdowns
- Evaluate and model performance data in order to firstly further analyze sales versus plans and last year and secondly verify each account is receiving, stocking and selling merchandise along the same schedule
- Create market share reports by region based on sales and stock (by category, by door, by region) in order to firstly assess and discuss high/low performing doors and resulting actions to help cultivate business, and secondly identify opportunities, capitalize on trends and minimize potential risk
- Collaborate with Business Planner to create semi-annual Wholesale Budgets and accompanying presentation, to be presented to Executives at the World Wide Budget Meeting in Italy
- Partner with Business Planner in developing the OTB for upcoming season, teaming up with Account Executives for qualitative feedback and referencing client order history and performance to put together estimates by category by client
ThousandEyes is looking for a driven Sales Rep to join its team and promote its technology to prospective clients. In this role, you'll find creative ways to demo the product and demonstrate services to customers across platforms.
- Expanding our customer base by covering various steps in the sales process from prospecting to sign up
- Find creative ways to get attention and setup meetings to demo the product
- Demonstrating ThousandEyes products and services to customers on site, remotely via webinar sessions and at field marketing events such as conferences and trade shows
Do you want to gain work experience at a company that will give you personalized training on real-world projects? imo is looking for interns who have a strong grasp of data structures and algorithms to join its team. Must be able to work for a minimum of three months.
imo interns play a large part in selecting their own projects. We will match you with a full-time engineer and possibly another intern. Your team will be responsible for the entire project: all the design as well as the implementation.
The Consumer Marketing Intern will be responsible for supporting marketing strategy that will drive demand, increase awareness and enhance AOL Tech brands, including TechCrunch, Engadget and gdgt, and their consumer events, including CES, TechCrunch Disrupt San Francisco, TechCrunch Disrupt Europe, Engadget Expand New York and Engadget + gdgt Live.
- Assist in the development of brand marketing plans and tactics, including email campaigns, event communications and collateral, onsite marketing, activations, paid media, social and mobile
- Support events operations and marketing team onsite at both proprietary and sponsored events in San Francisco and Silicon Valley. Duties can include but are not limited to attendee registration, VIP help, setup help, collateral distribution and more
- Support contest management and fulfillment
- Support development of core positioning and messaging
- Support the development of effective marketing communications to achieve performance targets, including creative assets
- Support plan formation with other teams (Social and PR) and report on campaign success metrics
Want to learn more about the discovery retail industry? Here’s the perfect opportunity with an internship at Birchbox! This is a chance for you to do meaningful work and actually make an impact at a growing startup. If you are self-motivated, want to work in a fun and fast-paced environment, are interested in getting exposure to some of the best brands in the beauty industry and want to produce REAL results in your internship, read on!
Note: While there will be some production aspects to the position, this is not a video production role.
- Assist with researching monthly women's video concepts
- Assist with writing scripts for monthly women's videos
- Assist with coordinating monthly video shoots (in-office and studio), including calling in and organizing products
- Write video descriptions for Birchbox.com and video-related blog posts
- Monitor YouTube comments, update metadata and optimize YouTube channel
- Research beauty videos and blogs
- Assist with the building of syndication video content
- Assist with video metrics (pulling and tracking numbers)
- Basic video production skills and Final Cut/Premiere knowledge a plus
- Opportunity to concept and film weekly intern vlog for Birchbox YouTube channel (if possess shooting and editing skills)
Do you live and breathe social media? PureWow is seeking an intern to grow its online influence. In this role, you'll work directly with the Marketing Manager to develop social media strategies, curate PureWow's Pinterest page, post on social media channels and assist with ad efforts.
- Work directly with the marketing manager to develop PureWow's social media marketing strategy
- Responsibility for day-to-day social media post creation and brand monitoring on Facebook and Twitter
- Daily curation of PureWow's Pinterest page
- Assist with paid advertising efforts on social media platforms, including Facebook Ads and LinkedIn
- Identify and connect with social media influencers in the women's lifestyle space
- Be a digital evangelist for the PureWow brand and lifestyle
Pose is looking for a fall intern with an exceptional eye for style. In this role, you'll work with the Marketing & Communications Team and help oversee community outreach, creative thinking and editorial content creation.
Duties will include, but are not limited to, community outreach, creative thinking and creating editorial content for Pose's social channels.
The co-founder of GlobalGiving seeks a self-proclaimed "research and writing machine" to join its team.
You'll track data, facts and citations like never before, and you'll craft clear prose into well-structured arguments.
Are you a tech-obsessed people person? Foursquare is looking for a friendly intern to take on the responsibility of serving its more than 1 million verified merchants and represent the broader community of more than 30 million users.
As a part of the Support Team, you’ll take on the responsibility of serving our business community of more than 1 million verified merchants and broader user community of more than 30 million. You’ll be on the front lines with our customers and have the opportunity to represent Foursquare to folks who want more information, are having trouble or are simply interested in our business. You’ll help set up (free) business accounts; field, investigate and solve queries; help moderate community content and field questions via email and Twitter.
Day-to-day tasks will include responding to support requests within our support environment, escalating potential product issues within internal teams, assisting in improving the quality of venues and check-in specials in the Foursquare ecosystem, and assisting with new business onboarding. You'll also help our users navigate through the various apps and website, troubleshooting potential bugs that have been reported by users.
(RED) is looking for an intern with extensive graphic design experience. In this role, you'll create design assets for (RED)’s digital properties, build creative presentations and produce mockups and design iterations for prospective (RED) partners. The following date periods are available:
Spring Term 2014: January 6, 2014 through May 23, 2014
Summer Term 2014: May 26, 2014 through August 29, 2014
Fall Term 2014: September 2, 2014 through December 12, 2014
Work primarily with the (RED) Digital Team on a variety of design projects that include:
- Create design assets for (RED)’s digital properties – including JOINRED.com and (RED)’s social media channels
- Build highly visual and creative presentations to show (RED)’s impact and work – both on the ground in Africa and across our brand partners
- Collaborate with (RED) Business Development team to produce mockups and design iterations for prospective (RED) partners
The 2013 Fuller Symposium is looking for an intern to help research, communicate with seminar speakers and fellows and manage logistics. In this position, you'll be responsible for developing website content and communication materials and assisting with marketing and outreach.
Internship responsibilities may include researching and communicating with symposium and seminar speakers and with fellows, developing website content and other communications materials, assisting in symposium marketing and outreach, helping with symposium logistics and assisting with workshop planning. The intern will be based in WWF’s Conservation Science Program and will work with program, communications, creative services, development and web team staff as needed.
Uber seeks an energetic Community Manager to bring UberLOVE to its users. In this role, you'll work around the clock to solve customer issues, monitor social media channels, create exciting blog content and more. Must thrive in an "all-hands-on-deck" environment.
- You'll be tasked with supporting our users with “Holy Awesome-sauce” service and inspiring a growing user base to share the Uber experience. You'll have great opportunities to develop and foster various skill sets.
- Tame upset riders and turn them into passionate evangelists. Respond to emails and support issues promptly.
- Monitor Twitter, Facebook and other relevant sites and actively participate in discussions across communities, social networks and blogs.
- Find the transportation pulse of the city and identify new ways to get the Uber experience in front of new users.
- Spread the UberLOVE through creating exciting blog and social web content.
- Work closely with our engineering and operations teams to streamline process and assist in intelligently scaling a vibrant business.
- Identify and engage community advocates who are equally passionate about exploring your city and being saved from the depressing alternative (those “yellow cars”).
Birchbox is seeking someone excited to create fresh designs for everything from email and social media campaigns to web promotions and print. If you love beauty and know how to push the boundaries in your art while obsessing over every pixel of padding and button gradient, this job is for you!
- Conceptualize and design weekly emails and web promotions
- Create custom branded marketing presentations and promotions
- Support PR, Content and Brand teams for custom design work
- Create custom packaging and print designs
- Assist in design strategies and campaigns
- Understand the brand and ensure its upheld through all Birchbox platforms
- Know how to ask the right questions and how to come up with answers
In this role, you'll be the face of The Muse to our newest partners. You’ll be poised in front of clients to gather information and raw photo and video footage, and you'll be responsible for constructing a compelling narrative that resonates with users on our platform.
- Shoot and edit video
Are you a brilliant writer with outsized ambition? ZocDoc is seeking a Junior Staff Writer to join its awesome team. In this role, you'll compose and edit copy and pilot your own projects. You should have top-notch writing skills and profound attention to detail.
- Compose and edit beautiful copy. You’ll be in a crucial support role and work with everyone – salespeople, doctors, advertisers, executives and more. Be great at helping people figure out what they want to say, then helping them say it.
- Pilot your own projects and care about results. This is a bleeding-edge environment where staff power is the only limit. You’ll wear tons of hats, and there will never be a shortage of initiatives for you to take.
Goodwill is looking for a Youth Specialist to support youth, families and mentors through activities including outreach, special events and individual meetings. Specifically, you'll provide supervision, homework assistance and educational and career planning for youth.
- Communicates effectively with youth, parents/families and mentors and engages them in activities.
- Plans, leads and supports team members with mentor match and youth development activities, including service-learning, job shadowing, career exploration, life skills workshops and recreation.
- Coordinates and implements services, including mentoring match support, supervision, conflict resolution, service learning, youth development activities and recognition, based on current research of best practices.
- Performs program orientation and training for mentors, parents and youth.
- Maintains at least monthly contact with mentors and youth. Maintains accurate and up-to-date records for each youth and mentor; completes all required written and electronic documentation.
- Reports incidents, concerns and unusual and/or crisis situations to supervisor promptly in accordance with organizational policy.
- Stays informed on any policy, procedure or activities that affect the program.
- Serves as a Goodwill representative in the community and engages in community outreach, resource development and networking activities in order to grow and market the program.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with community partners, service providers and collaborating agencies.
- Monitors partner operations to ensure compliance with MOUs.
- Performs background checks and conducts reference checks for potential mentors and other volunteers.
- Maintains and documents compliance with DEEC regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
ZestFinance is looking for a math wizard to model and develop radically new methods for data access, manipulation and modeling. For this position, you must be a new grad in 2014 and be able to design and implement models that can predict various outcomes.
- Design and implement new models for predicting various outcomes
- Select and evaluate data elements and transformations
- Support other team members in their modeling and analysis methods
- Work with Product Management, Marketing and Business to develop models to support specific business needs
- Feel good about coming to work and enjoy not only the time you spend at the office, but the people you’re spending it with as well
Yelp's mission is to become psychic, and it's looking for creative and innovative engineers to help build new and amazing products. You'll be responsible for launching innovative features and working collaboratively to measure the impact of your changes.
- Work with the team to come up with creative ideas for new products and signals, then carry those ideas all the way to launch.
- Explore data to measure the impact of your changes and come up with ideas for how to maximize that impact.
- Work closely with infrastructure engineers to make sure that your algorithms will effectively scale to large data sets and to ensure that their systems provide the flexibility needed for your ideas.
The Handybook Support team is dedicating to providing personable service and total support. If you're all about delivering awesome customer experiences on the phone, over email or through instant chat, join the team! Strong analytic and organizational skills a must.
- Take inbound sales calls
- Effectively solve user inquiries using phone, IM and email support
- Offer personable and effective phone support
- Document and report product bugs
- Analyze trends and use patterns
- Write effective FAQ articles for Handybook’s help center
The Mr. Youth Network is currently recruiting for Adobe, Bobble, Coca-Cola, Spotify, and Ubisoft brand ambassador programs.
Ideal candidate criteria:
- Well-connected with student leaders, campus organizations, and the college community
- Outgoing, creative, and entrepreneurial
- Well-versed in social media, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Responsible, positive, optimistic, reliable, and hardworking
General responsibilities include:
- Word-of-mouth and guerrilla marketing
- Campus marketing and partnership strategy
- Social media support and content creation
What you will receive:
- Resume-building, hands-on experience with top global brands
- Opportunities to further develop your relationships, networks, and career
- An "Influencer Toolkit" with special brand love for you and items to pass along around your campus
- Performance-based incentives, including cash and exclusive opportunities
The experience is designed around your interests and your schedule! Friends are encouraged to get involved. Having a job on campus doesn't get much better than this.
Alex Mika Jewelry is currently seeking fall interns, ages 21 and up (ideally 21 to 26), in New York City that have experience in the following department: PR/Marketing.
Interns must be hard working and dedicated, as they will work closely with both co-founder/designers.
Alex Mika Jewelry is currently seeking fall interns, ages 21 and up (ideally 21 to 26), in New York City that have experience in the following departments: Jewelry Design.
Interns must be hard working and dedicated, as they will work closely with both co-founder/designers.
HelloFlo is recruiting talented young women to join our first class of Campus Ambassadors.
Are you a HelloFlo girl?
Who is she?
--She’s a go-getter. She isn’t interested in any regular old part-time job - she’s looking for ways to challenge herself.
--She’s business-savvy. She has a knack for marketing and could sell ice cream to an Alaskan.
--She’s connected. She can tell you all the tips & tricks for her campus, and knows the people who get things done.
--She’s outgoing. She is just as comfortable talking in front of a group of strangers as she would be grabbing coffee with her best friend.
--She’s a trendsetter. She is the girl who is constantly connected to social media and addicted to finding the “next big thing”.
What does she do?
--She visits campus organizations, sororities and dorms to spread the word about HelloFlo.
--She builds her own business, tracking her subscribers with a unique referral code.
--She tells the world about how HelloFlo is making life a little easier, through social media & the HelloFlo blog.
--She gives valuable product and subscription feedback straight from the source - HelloFlo users.
--She learns the ins and outs of brand building, start ups and marketing in monthly hangouts with the HelloFlo team.
Why does she do it?
--Because she knows that your period doesn’t have to be a pain.
--Because she can earn cash for every subscription she refers.
--Because she values the real-world marketing experience that she won’t learn in a classroom.
--Because she wants an internship experience that involves more than picking up coffee.
LookFlix is hiring a passionate intern who is self-driven, highly motivated, and wants to make a difference in the fashion world. You are a fashion trendsetter and friends look to you for fashion advice. You have a following on social media, with a unique authority, and you want to make a name for yourself.
LookFlix is an up and coming Boston based startup with a mission to make online clothes shopping more accessible and fun. We are a team of highly experienced entrepreneurs, well connected in the industry. You will be working closely with our social media community manager and founders to develop engaging content for our fashion community.
This is an unpaid internship, around 15 hours / week, with flexible work hours, and location. Possible opportunity to become a permanent part of the team. Requirements *
smart, self-driven, highly motivated, knowledgeable of latest fashion trends, understands how to gain a following on social media.
Boston-based restaurant group currently seeking full-time Providence-based marketing/events manager for Providence locations.
-Development and execution of private and corporate event packaging.
-Coordination of all private and corporate events.
-Development of relationships with community.
-Maintenance of website and social media platforms (to include updating and contributing relevant and fresh content.)
-Creation, organization and promotion of weekly venue event schedule.
-Management of overall office (ie answering phones, responding to general inquiries, etc.)
-Brainstorming, communicating and taking the first step to execute new marketing ideas.
-Implementation of marketing strategy in collaboration with the Executive Director for all aspects of the organization.
-Able to provide support through the timely generation of all necessary marketing collateral including (but not limited to) signage for events, press releases, flyer production.
-Maintenance of press list and special interest lists including making additions/deletions as necessary.
-Overall on-site brand management.
Marketing Intern Purpose
- To assist with planning & implementation of marketing strategies to increase both internet & store presence
- To aid in marketing initiatives such as email marketing, social media, blogging and digital / print advertising
- To aid in website tasks such as maintenance, updates & blogging
- To aid in research of SEO (search engine optimization) research and keyword research
- To aid with some aspects of inbound sales
We are looking for interns to work across all departments, these include: Office Management, Operations, Graphic Design, Events, Business Development, Marketing/Social Media, Technical Intern, Mentoring & Judging, and Finance. For full job descriptions please visit www.masschallenge.org/jobs.
- Weekly logging/ presenting trends to team
- Working independently on bigger research presentations
- Collaborating on video projects, ad hoc research assignments, etc.